Code of Conduct
Your Club and You
Derby Triathlon Club is run by the Members, for the Members.
The Club is the Members, and the Members are the Club.
This Code sets out what your Club will try to do for you, and what you can do for your Club. The Club as an entity will endeavour to:
- Offer support, encouragement, and a welcoming atmosphere
- Ensure that the Club and it’s activities are safe, legal, fair, and ethical, and meet good practice guidelines
- Provide a range of training and development opportunities for all abilities
- Provide opportunities for Members to influence the Club’s strategy, and to contribute to the running of the Club
All members shall:
- Abide by the Club Constitution and the code of conduct and rules laid down by the sports' governing body, the British Triathlon (BT);
- Encourage and commend fellow members in their training, competition and participation;
- Hold the good name and reputation of Derby Triathlon Club, both inside and outside of Club activities, and conduct themselves in a professional, decent, honest, and legal manner.
- Only train within their abilities and levels of fitness, taking care to warm-up adequately prior to participation and cool-down when finished;
- Ensure good time management, so as not to delay the start times of sessions they attend.
- Report any medical conditions, injuries or incidents whether at training or during events to the Committee via the Secretary.
- Report any grievances or complaints to a member of the Committee.
- Be encouraged to join the BTF and receive the personal insurance cover which BTF membership includes.
- Be expected to contribute to the running of events which generate an income for the Club
Copyright 2009 - 2010 Derby Triathlon Club
Please report any problems to the webmaster