Become A Coach
Become a Triathlon Coach
DTC are extremely keen to develop the quality and quantity of coaching that we offer within the club. In order to make this happen, we are always looking for club members who would like to become coaches.
We will reimburse anyone attending a BTF training course as long as they deliver a number of coached sessions as detailed in the attached payback scheme document. Details of upcoming courses are here and the criteria for skipping level 1 to go directly to level 2 are below.
If you would like to become a triathlon coach please email email@example.com and to let us know and then follow the instructions below.
Also if you are a qualified triathlon, swimming, cycling or athletics coach and would like to get involved please email the same address to discuss the opportunities.
How to Get on a Coaching Course
If you are keen to try and get on a course please do the following:
- Visit this page to find a course.
- If there is a course you fancy, click the email link next to the course, and email the person to ask if there is still space (this webpage doesn't seem to be completely up to date).
- If there isn't space, ask about a waiting list for this year or to be informed in advance about the course next year.
- If there is space, fill out a booking form which you can download from this page and send it to the relevant email address and arrange payment.
- Fill out the coaching payback form attached and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, with details of which course you're doing and when.
- Let me know when you've completed the course and I will arrange for the 1st payment back to you (as well as covering any reasonable travel costs) and we can discuss what club sessions you'll do, which can help you for the practical part of the course as well.
Criteria to do BTF Level 2 Triathlon Coaching Course (skipping level 1)
Essential to have at least one years involvement in Triathlon (training, racing, volunteering, coaching) and understand the basic technical components of swim, bike & run.
Must have at least one of the following ·
- Hold a coaching qualification in any sport ·
- Hold a further or higher education qualification in sport (e.g. BTeC or degree) ·
- Have been coaching/supporting (unofficial) for a period of at least a year ·
- Hold a fitness industry qualification ( e.g circuits/gym instructor/personal trainer) ·
- Have been coached in Triathlon (formally e.g talent ID/Para Triathlete/Elite) for a period of at least two years.
|Coaching Payback Scheme.pdf||139.83 KB|
Copyright 2009 - 2010 Derby Triathlon Club
Please report any problems to the webmaster